Japan is providing several educational opportunities for students from abroad. Pakistani candidates can take advantage of these opportunities. Pakistani candidates require student visa in order to study in Japan. Details regarding this study visa are mentioned below along with instructions and important features. Applications along with instructions and a list of required documents are mentioned below.
To apply for Study Visa for Japan, there are two ways that can be followed:
- One way is to pay the Japanese embassy a visit and apply for a visa there
- The other way is to have a foreign student in Japan send your application on your behalf to the immigration office.
How to Get Study Visa For Japan Abroad Study Pakistani Students
Standard Visa Application Materials:
- A letter from your abroad institution on their own letterhead stating that they are sponsoring you. It should include things like tuition and room and board costs, proof of housing, etc.
- Written proof that you have a certain amount of money in a bank account with your name on it with which you will use to live. This is separate from room and board costs so there is no way around it. When I went to the UK, the required amount was $5,400. If you don’t have that much money, asks your parent, guardian or close relative if they might deposit the cash into your account, and you can pay them back at a later date. Again, just as with the letter from your abroad institution, the letter from your bank needs to be on their letterhead.
- Proof that you have some way of paying your tuition. I was lucky enough to pay tuition through my home college who then transferred the money to my abroad school. All I needed was an affidavit letter from my school on – you guessed it – their official letterhead. If you’re not going through your home college or university but rather an independent study abroad program, then you’ll need to be able to prove that you’ll be able to pay some other way.
- Obtain your biometrics. This is a fancy word for fingerprints. Once you finish your application online, you will automatically sign up for an appointment to get your fingerprints taken. On that day you will need to go down to the nearest immigration center, consulate, or wherever they require you to go, and get your prints electronically. It’s a fairly straightforward and simple process.
- Your passport. At this point, you should already have a passport. You will be required to mail it in along with the rest of the documents proving that you have the means to live in that specific country for a summer, semester or year. You will get your passport back with the visa inside.
- Passport quality photos. You should be able to find every county’s specifications on their respective visa website. As you did with your US passport, you can probably get your photos at any local CVS, Walgreens, etc. Don’t attempt to take your own photo. You only have enough time to apply for your visa once, and you can’t afford to have your application rejected due to a poor quality photo.
The first thing the candidate must do, is to obtain enrollment permission. Candidates need to apply for certification of eligibility with the status of a college student. This certificate is mandatory. This is to be submitted to your nearest Japan embassy.
The second major step is to apply for your visa. The application form must be filled with care and accuracy. The regional visa authority will require these details. For more details, stay tuned.