After the successful distribution of laptops scheme phase III now phase IV has started, application submission date has been announced by the HEC, as 200000 laptops will be distributed among students of different educational institutes who are eligible and applied for the scheme within the due date announced.
Prime Minister’s Laptops Scheme is for Talented Students with main objective of this scheme is an attempt to enhance the scope of research and quality education and increase the access to information technology.
Many students have took advantage of this scheme specialty those who were brilliant students but could not afford to buy laptop but it was required for their study or a degree. Pakistan Prime Minister Laptop Scheme is a excellent scheme for students started few years back in Punjab now working all over the Pakistan.
Pakistan Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2017 HEC Online Registration Phase 4 and 5 Announced 2 Lac (2,00,000) Laptop Distribution Between Students
The distribution criteria for the award of laptops is defined as follow:
- Provincial distribution corresponding to enrolment share, proportionate to the overall enrolment of students in the higher education institutes, excluding students covered under below categories .
- Full coverage to enrolled PhD, MPhil, MS or equivalent program students in any public sector HEI.
- 2.5% Quota for distant learners/ students of each Virtual University & Allama Iqbal Open University.
- 5% Quota for students studying in Government Polytechnic institutes or Government College of Technology.
- 5% Quota for students of degree and postgraduate colleges of Federal Capital and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Remaining laptops for students studying in Bachelor and Master (16 year) program of public sector higher education institutes, this includes students of Waiting List from previous year distribution and new admissions between July 2014 and June 2015.
Qualification / Eligibility Criteria Phase 4
- The applicant must have a valid CNIC/ B-Form number.
- Students enrolled till June 30, 2017 but not earlier than their respective program
- PhD, MPhil or equivalent courses.
- One year or two years Master’s degree courses (MA, MSC, MBA, MCS, MS or Equivalent).\
- Four or Five year programs.
- FATA or Islamabad students, who are enrolled at Degree and Post Graduates colleges of Government of Pakistan (FA/ Fsc, BA/ BSc/ MA/MSc)
- Three or Two years DAE (Diploma) courses in Polytechnic and Vocational Institutes.
- Quota is also reserved for disabled students
|PhD||5 years||June 30, 2012|
|MS/ MPhil||2 years||June 30, 2015|
|MBA 1.5/ 2.5/ 3.5||1.5/ 2.5/ 3.5 years||Dec. 31, 2015/ Dec. 31, 2014/ Dec. 31, 2013|
|Masters (16 year education)||2 years||June 30, 2015|
|Bachelors||4/ 5 years||June 30, 2013/ June 30, 2012|
|Diploma of Associate Engineering||3 Years||June 30, 2014|
|BA/ BFSc (Only for FATA and ICT regions)||2 Years||June 30, 2015|
|FA/ FSc (Only for FATA and ICT regions)||2 Years||June 30, 2015|
Last date for applying is 30th of September 2017