We start from Medicare School of Nursing in 1997 as the first academic unit of the S.M. Sohail Trust at Medicare Hospital Karachi. Initially, three years diploma nursing program was established for female students only. In June 2003 the Medicare School of Nursing was relocated to the Jinnah Medical College Hospital Korangi, Karachi.
Here at this campus, the female diploma nursing program was replaced with a Male diploma nursing program, and the first batch of male students was inducted in the year 2004 now again three-year diploma program was replaced for females in the year 2012. The program qualifies students to take the licensure examination of the Sindh Nurses Examination Board (SNEB ), which enables its graduates to practice as a qualified Registered Nurse in Pakistan.
Curriculum conforms to the regulations and recommendations of the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council. JMDC is following the spiral curriculum and an organ-based modular system as prescribed by the University. The University has prescribed an integrated spiral curriculum divided into 10 semesters of 16 weeks each. There is a 6-week break after every even semester.
The basic subjects include Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Physiology. The Clinical subjects include Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, and ENT.
Additionally, Behavioral Sciences, English, Ethics, Evidence-Based Medicine are also integral components of the curriculum at JMDC.
- To help students acquire relevant knowledge
- To develop communication skills, both verbal and written
- To promote teamwork
- To instill compassion and empathy
- To uphold professionalism
Curriculum conforms to the regulations and recommendations of the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council.
Course Duration: 4 Years
Jinnah Medical & Dental College Karachi Admission 2020 MBBS BDS Application Form Procedure to Apply Medical College in Sindh
The students will be getting all the updates about the admissions and other stuff. The candidates must stay connected with us for the other details. The updates will be listed here so that it is easy for you to make up things in a good way
- End of module tests
- End of Semester Mock Exam
- University conducts examinations for MBBS at the end of each semester and for BDS at the end of each academic year
- Theory paper includes Multiple Choice Questions, Extended Matching Questions or Short Answer Questions
- Practical examinations and viva voce for each subject are scheduled after the theory papers
- Students must score 50% in both Theory and Viva/ practical to pass
- Students can resit failed papers or for improvement after every even semester
- University Issues official mark sheets and Final Transcript (Consolidated mark sheet)
- University Issues Final Degree
The university grades according to percent marks achieved in each paper and a GPA is calculated for each semester exam. Students must pass all papers in all semesters. A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required to receive a degree.
- Intermediate Science (Premedical) Examination passed with 60% marks or above from a recognized Pakistani Board of Intermediate Examination
- A/O levels, American/Canadian High School or equivalent examinations
Admission will be open Soon
You must visit regularly and if you have any questions regarding this or you want to give suggestions about our website and its working than, you can comment on our website there is a comment section below for you. For further news details and information keep visiting our website