Karachi Medical and dental college came into existence in 1991. It was the first medical college that was run and maintained by Karachi Metropolitan Corporation. It was the first medical college who gave the concept of taking a neutral test for the admission of students
KMDC Karachi admission section is given guidelines by a Governing Body, which works in close liaison with the Academic Council. KMDC Karachi emerged into presence in November 1991 with Abbasi Shaheed Hospital as its associated hospital, turning out to be the 1st Medical College of the Country to be organized and run by a City Government. KMDC is a top medical college in top-ranking Pakistan medical colleges.
DEGREE PROGRAMS (M.B.B.S/BDS)
The degree program of M.B.B.S at KMDC prepares you to make meaningful contributions and improve the quality of life of those around you. Our program in medicine will teach you to apply classroom theory and academic research to solve real-world challenges in the developing world. For those who have a passion for making a difference, our transparent, merit-based admissions process and generous financial assistance mean that diversity of high caliber students are able to attend KMDC. Every year 250 students for M.B.B.S are enrolled in KMDC. Twenty percent (20%) seats are reserved for self-finance, while 10% seat is reserved for Foreigners/Oversees Pakistanis.
Students are accepted in the first-year class for the four years program leading to the degree of Bachelor in Dental Surgery (B.D.S.). Every year 100 students are enrolled for BDS. Twenty percent (20%) seats are reserved for self-finance, while 10% seat is reserved for Foreigners/Oversees Pakistanis. The degree program is recognized by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council. The program educates and prepares students for challenges of this millennium with emphasis on prevention and cure of Oral and Dental diseases in accordance with the internationally approved standards. The learning of the student is facilitated by interactive lectures, tutorials, lab work and clinical rotations. During this four-year program, students acquire problems solving skills and perform administrative duties along with participation in Dental community projects.
Documents to be submitted at KM&DC with Hard Copy / Print Out of Admission Form uploaded on the web site of NTS.
Please arrange documents in the following sequences:
- National identity Card from NADRA of Karachi with the Permanent address of Karachi. If he /she is above 18 years.
- If he/she below 18 years Form-B is essential.
- CNIC of Father issued from NADRA with the permanent address of Karachi.
- HSC/A-Levels Marks Sheet.
- Previous HSC Marks Sheet ( in case of Improvement).
- S SC. Marks Sheet.
- Candidate’s Domicile & PRC of Karachi.
- Father’s Domicile of Karachi.
- The Domicile certificate of mother (Karachi) shell only is accepted in the case where father has expired (and no domicile certificate was issued to him or there has been re-marriage/ Separation, for which valid documents will need it.
- In case the candidate has passed any one examination SSC/HSC other than Karachi Board, he /she will have to produce a deputation letter of the respective department of parents (the condition applicable for those students whose parents are Government employees).
- Acknowledgment receipt of documents submitted in any other institution for the admission purpose.
- Four recent passport size photographs (with the light color dress and background) attested from the back.
- Undertaking regarding original documents on stamp paper (Rs.100/=) duly attested by oath commissioner.
- Candidates who have passed the 2019 A-Level & 12th Grade Examination ( American School with Biology, Physics, and Chemistry from Karachi center may apply, provided equivalence certificate unadjusted 60% Marks is obtained according to the formula laid down by Inter Board Chairman Committee( IBCC).
- A maximum of four years gap between Metric to Intermediate will be accepted.
- Only consolidated Marks Sheet intermediate will be accepted in case of examination passed from Pre-Engineering Group with the additional subject of Biology.
- No Marks Sheet whether original or revised will be accepted after the due date.
- Receipts of submitting any pertinent documents including CNIC, Domicile, PRC, or certificates, etc shall not be accepted.
- Attested copies of documents will be accepted.
- Two self-addressed Pakistan Post envelopes 4.5” x 8.5”.
Karachi Medical & Dental College Karachi Admission 2020 MBBS BDS Application Form Procedure to Apply Medical College in Sindh
- The applicant should have exceeded Intermediate (Science)/”A” Level/ Equivalent examination from an institution outdoor Pakistan. The applicant must have exceeded biology, chemistry, and physics/maths in A-level /equivalence examination.
- The applicant should have an I. B. C. C equivalence certificate if examination exceeded are other than Matric and Intermediate (science) OR they have to publish SAT II (science subjects) score of Min 550.
- Those Pakistani national students and foreigners who have attained the essential qualification for the entry test from in foreign countries shall be entitled to admission on the international seats and shall either have to glimpse in the entry test or present the University the essential SAT score.
- The selection and merit criteria for abroad applicants will be the marks of I. B. C. C equivalence or SAT II score (equated with I. B. C. C formula).
- After confirmation of documents and allocation of Harley seat, a bank draft of 12, 000$ (12 thousand US Dollars) in favor of KMDC Karachi is to be presented along with the initial documents as a fee of 1st Year.
- if the candidate’s parents are Government employees and the candidate has passed his /her any one examination other than Karachi Board he/she will be eligible provided his/her parent’s deputation letter from the respective department’s obtained.
Entrance Test Form & Prospectus Rs.2,500/-
Fee for Merit Students
Admission Fee Rs.20,000/-
Tuition Fee (per year) Rs.30,000/-
Social & Sports Fee Discontinue
Transport (optional) Rs.12,000/-
PMDC Registration Fee Rs.3,000/-
College Card Fee Rs.150/-
Fee for Self Finance Students
Admission Fee Rs.20,000/-
Tuition Fee (per year) Rs.385,000/-
Transport (optional) Rs.12,000/-
Fee for Overseas/Foreigner Students
Admission Fee US$ 500/-
Overseas US$ 6,500/-
Foreigners US$ 12,000/-
Transport (optional) Rs. 12,000/-
Candidates for MBBS or BDS at Karachi Medical and Dental College can take the prospectus along with the admission form from KMDC M Block North Nazimabad, Karachi.
Candidates who wish to take admission in KMDC is a good opportunity for them. For further information, test dates, and model papers for the entry test will also be available on this website. Keep visiting this website. Best of Luck!