King Edward Medical University also known as King Edward Medical College is one of the oldest medical institutions. It was recognized in 1860. The 1st name of this university was Lahore Medical College. After that, this name change from this name to King Edward Medical College on 21st December 1991.
The motto of this medical college is “Aim High”. It has a 07 Tertiary Care Hospital under the administration of KEMU. It is also recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council. The excellence of education at this university is extraordinary, only those students gain the chance to study here that is well intelligent and toppers of MCAT.
How to Get Admission in MBBS or BDS in King Edward Medical College Lahore MIO Hospital Application Form Procedure Merit Entry Test Details
How you can get Admission here
The candidates applying for admission against any category of seats must have passed the HSSC/FSc (Pre-Medical) examination from a Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan with not less than 60% unadjusted marks (660/1100).
Calculation of Aggregate Percentage
(i) After the declaration of the official result of the Entrance Test, the admission process for public sector medical and dental colleges will start as per the notified schedule.
(ii) The merit shall be worked out as per the regulations of the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), and shall be based on the aggregate percentage of the candidates worked out by adding the marks in the following ratio:
Matriculation (SSC or Equivalent) – 10%
HSSC/F.Sc (Premedical or Equivalent) – 40%
Entrance Test – 50%
(iii) The Formula for calculation of merit is as follows:
Marks obtained in SSC /Equivalent x 1100 x 0.10 = 10% of SSC/Equivalent Total marks of SSC/Equivalent
Marks obtained in HSSC /Equivalent x 1100 x 0.40 = 40% of HSSC/Equivalent Total marks of HSSC/Equivalent
Marks obtained in Entrance Test /SAT II/MCAT x 1100 x 0.50 = 50% of Admission Test Total marks of Entrance Test /SAT II/MCAT
10% SSC/Equivalent + 40% HSSC/Equivalent +50% Admission Test = Aggregate Marks
Aggregate Marks x 100 = Aggregate Percentage 1100
Submission of Admission Forms
(i) Only those candidates having domicile of any district of the Punjab and Federal Capital Area (Islamabad) who will score 82% percent or above aggregate marks (excluding Hifz-e-Quran marks) as per PMDC formula, shall be eligible to apply for admission against Open Merit Seats in public sector medical/dental institutions of Punjab and Reciprocal Seats in public sector colleges of KPK, Balochistan, and AJK.
(ii) No call letters will be issued to the eligible candidates for submission of admission forms.
(iii) No Admission Form will be accepted after the due date for submission of forms.
Procedure for Submission of Admission Form
- The candidates shall submit their Admission Forms by hand at prescribed centers. Admission Forms received by post shall not be entertained.
- Candidates must attach the following documents with the Admission Form. Except otherwise mentioned, the documents attached with the Admission Form must be attested by a Government Officer in BS 17 or above. The stamp of the officer must bear his / her full designation and current place of duty.
- Revision of result or improvement of marks by any Board after the submission of Admission Form shall not affect the merit list of admissions for the current year in any way. In other words, a revised marks certificate shall not be accepted once the candidate has submitted his/her Admission Form. Similarly, results declared after the submission of forms shall not be accepted for admissions in the current session.
Selection and Admission of Candidates
- The candidate will be selected by the Admission Board. The decisions of the Admission Board in respect of selection and admission shall be final.
- The Chairman Admission Board shall be competent to rectify any error or omission found in the Selection List.
- The selection of the candidates against open merit seats shall be made on the basis of Merit, Choice, Availability of seat, and in that order.
- Whenever two or more two candidates are bracketed, i.e., they have exactly the same percentage after calculation, the one senior in age will be given preference to the other for the purpose of admission. In case the tie continues, a higher score in Matriculation (SSC or equivalent) shall be preferred for admission.
- There shall be separate Selection Lists for open merit and reserved seats.
|B.Sc. (Hons) Allied Health Sciences||Once in a Year(Oct/Nov)||F.Sc (Pre-Medical/Engineering)|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Vision Sciences||Once in a Year(Oct/Nov)||F.Sc (Pre-Medical)|
|Doctor of Physiotherapy||Once in a Year(Oct/Nov)||F.Sc (Pre-Medical)|
At the time of admission, every medical student submits a Surety Bond worth Rs.three (3)million stating that he/she would serve the Government of the Punjab, Health Department as “Probationary Medical Officer / Woman Medical Officer” in the primary healthcare facilities for a period of one year after completing the foundation year/house job. In case he/she fail to fulfill the commitment, he/she shall be liable to pay Rs.three (3)million to the Government”
Here we have provided you all guidelines for getting admission to KEMU. if you need more information than comment on us. or need more college information, then visit our website on a regular basis.