In this article, is given the important information about the KET test. The versions, format and the test centers of KET tests in Pakistan are given here. This information is very important for students who want to apply for studying abroad in USA, UK, Canada, Australia and other countries. Those who are interested in studying abroad in Europe must read this very carefully before applying for KET Test.
The test has three sections:
- Reading & Writing – 70 minutes, 56 questions
- Listening – 25 minutes
- Speaking – 8-10 minutes
There are two versions of the KET test:
- KET for School: Both versions have the same type of questions. The KET for schools test has content of interest to school-age learners.
- Score: The Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking sections each count for 25% of the marks.
KET Test Format and Centers in Pakistan Key English Test
- Both versions are made up of three exam papers, which incorporate all four language skills (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking).
- The Speaking paper is taken face-to-face and candidates have the choice of taking the Reading and Writing paper and Listening paper on a computer or on paper.
- Reading and Writing (1 hour 10 minutes – 50% of total marks)
- The Reading and Writing paper has nine parts and 56 questions.
- Listening (approximately 30 minutes – 25% of total marks)
- The Listening paper has five parts comprising 25 questions.
- Candidates are expected to understand spoken material in both informal and neutral settings on a range of everyday topics, when spoken reasonably slowly.
- Speaking (8-10 minutes – 25% of total marks)
- The Speaking test has two parts and is conducted face-to-face with one or two other candidates and two examiners.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate conversation skills by answering and asking simple questions.
So apply for KET test. Their is no particular passing score for KET. A merit is made on the basis of marks acquired by students. Ask us any question that you may have on this subject through commenting and we would Insha-Allah guide you in the best way possible. Keep visiting us.